Board of Directors: Director, Eastern Division
Thaddeus “Ted” Lowden, EFO, CFO, MIFireE
Fire Chief, Evesham Fire-Rescue Department (N.J.)
Chief Ted Lowden has been with the Evesham Fire-Rescue Department since he began as a volunteer in 1975. He worked his way up through the ranks within the volunteer department and acted as the department training officer. In 1984, he became a career firefighter, then was appointed the deputy fire marshal. In 1988, he was promoted to fire chief.
Chief Lowden is active in many fire service organizations, including:
- the New Jersey State Career Fire Chiefs Association
- the National Society of Executive Fire Officers
- Burlington County 200 Club
- New Jersey Fire Chiefs Association
On a national level, Lowden serves with the National Wildfire Coordinating Group as a subject-matter expert and is past president of the IAFC Eastern Division.
Chief Lowden served as
- a charter member of the Burlington County Fire Advisory Board
- past president of the Burlington County Fire Chiefs Association
- Burlington deputy fire coordinator
- a representative on the Emergency Services Academy New Building Committee
- chair of the Burlington County Emergency Services Advisory Board
Additionally, Lowden developed a curriculum for the National Fire Academy, is a graduate of their Executive Fire Officer Program and serves as an adjunct instructor.