In support of its mission, the FLSS produces and gathers resources to reduce injury, life loss and property loss by advancing the field of fire prevention and life safety.
Fire Service Voting Guide
The FLSS urges fire service members to increase their participation in the International Code Councils (ICC) code development process. The FLSS has analyzed ICC code proposals and public comments and has developed voters guides with recommendations on proposed changes that impact the safety of emergency responders and citizens in our communities. The following voting guides are intended to provide the fire service with information so they make more informed decisions during the code development process.
- ICC Online Floor Motion Ballet - May 2016 (pdf)
- ICC Committee Action Hearing in Louisville, KY - April 2016 (pdf)
- Group A Code Change Cycle Report - March 2016 (pdf)
- Voting Guide for the On-Line Public Comment Hearing - January 2016 (pdf)
- Long Beach Public Comment Hearings - October 2015 (pdf)
- Memphis Group A Committee Action Hearings - May 2015 (pdf)
FLSS Technical Resources
- Professional Development & Education
- Building Codes
- Crowd Manager Control Training
- Green Fire Prevention
- Residential Range-Top Safety
FLSS contributes to reducing injury, life loss and property loss by researching fire prevention and life safety issues and developing positions for review by the IAFC. The IAFC has adopted positions on fireworks, residential fire sprinklers, alarms and detectors, lightweight construction and more.
Fire & Life Safety Section:
Cause & Effect: Maintaining Our Focus on Fire Prevention
Fire & Life Safety Section
FLSS Resources: Sprinklers