High-Impact Training (HIT)
The Injured Firefighter and Gear-Removal Practices
Location: Exhibit Hall
There are complexities associated when dealing with an injured firefighter when they are wearing all their personal protective equipment (PPE). The class will review best practices and techniques for PPE removal from an injured firefighter and transitioning the situation from firefighter removal to EMS care.
This hands-on training will provide an opportunity for the participants to apply the gear removal techniques discussed in the classroom learning environment. Join us at the 2017 FRI HIT: Gear Removal Program and participate in a best practice of how to take care of our own!
Each participant will:
- Gain hands-on experience of cutting and removal of actual firefighter PPE
- Acquire the knowledge, understanding and skill of the gear removal best practice technique
- Ability to transfer this training knowledge and technique to their department
- Receive a CD copy of the presentation
Session 1: Friday, July 28, 12:30 - 4 PM
Session 2: Saturday, July 29, 8:30 AM - Noon
Each session limited to 50 participants.
The Instructors Were Top Notch
I had a great time in Denver and the seminars were awesome too! All the instructors were top notch and the subject matter was definitely relevant to today and tomorrow's fire service. All in all...great course and I will be bringing friends in the future.
– Marc Symkowick, Firefighter/Paramedic, Central County (CA) Fire Department