High-Impact Training (HIT)
The Injured Firefighter and Gear-Removal Practices
Location: Exhibit Hall
A firefighter mayday isn’t over until after your firefighter is removed from immediate danger on the fireground…and the mayday isn’t over until your injured firefighter is discharged from medical care after the incident. Gain hands-on experience for proper removal of PPE and discover best practices for immediate emergency care.
This hands-on training will provide an opportunity for the participants to apply the gear removal techniques discussed in the classroom learning environment. Join us at the 2017 FRI HIT: Gear Removal Program.
Each participant will:
- Gain hands-on experience of cutting and removal of actual firefighter PPE
- Acquire the knowledge, understanding and skill of the gear removal best practice technique
- Ability to transfer this training knowledge and technique to their department
- Receive a CD copy of the presentation
Session 1: Friday, July 28, 12:30 - 4 PM
Session 2: Saturday, July 29, 8:30 AM - Noon
Each session limited to 50 participants.
An Exclusively Unique Opportunity
FRI is not a firefighter training conference - it is an exclusively unique opportunity for company officers and chief officers (and those that aspire to be). You will not learn how to stretch a line or vent a roof at FRI - but what you WILL learn in various diverse dimensions, is how to successfully LEAD and COMMAND those who do.
– Billy Goldfeder, EFO, Deputy Fire Chief, Loveland-Symmes (OH) Fire Department